a ferocious beast
a ferocious beast
I decided to visit the Boston Public Gardens today, to see the bench from Good Will Hunting, so I could pay my respects to one of my idols. I wasn’t alone, as crowds of young and old stood near, bound together by sadness.
Rest in peace Robin.
I didn’t even have to guess what today’s sketch dailies topic would be. So here’s my tribute I drew for a man who was so full of laughter and love. I really did cry over his loss. Aladdin was one of the films I knew him best for since I grew up with it, along with so many of his other roles. Again, RIP Robin, I’m so sorry you had so much sadness in your life, but I hope that you are in a better place, laughing like you always did for the world.
pompeii to fall | BASTILLE + QUEEN
what a great mashup!
Infinite list of favorite characters: Kinzie Kensington from Saints RowFirst I told the FBI, then I told the Saints, THEN I told the President and the entire Secret Service and still they wouldn’t listen. Now here we are, abducted by aliens and trapped in technology far beyond what we had on Earth.
kaidan pulling rank with a barely-visible smirk tugging at his lips
kaidan swaying his hips just this side of inappropriate whenever he walks past shepard
kaidan peeling off his hardsuit, bending over at the waist to undo his greaves
kaidan pouring himself coffee and stretching, arms over his head, back arching and a quiet groan escaping his throat
kaidan alenko, knowing exactly how he affects shepard and exploiting it every chance he gets (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*:･ﾟ✧
Under The Horns - Freddie Prinze Jr is: The Iron Bull THIS IS NOT A DRILL
“Meet the voice behind the Iron Bull! Freddie Prinze Jr. tells us what it’s like to take on the mantle of the biggest, baddest, toughest mercenary in all of Thedas.” [source]
New info on the Iron Bull as a character:
- The Iron Bull is very complicated. He looks one way and acts another
- He is the opposite of any Qunari we have experienced in the franchise so far - he is not solemn or flat. He’s much more emotional than your normal Qunari
- He’s really only afraid of one thing: demons, because they possess people and make them act weird and it freaks him out. He’s still willing to kill them, but he’s definitely afraid [note than IB was said elsewhere as being afraid of nothing apart from his past. Perhaps he had a horrible experience with demons in his past?]
- He doesn’t have a moral code the way we do. He looks at most species as survivalists - they do what they have to do to survive and it’s not good or bad. Just don’t get in his way or you’re going to get ripped up
- He’s on a sort of defrocked samurai path, like “ronin warrior I’m gonna do my own thing unless I find a cause worth fighting for, and I’ll fight for that for as long as I see fit and I’ll have sex with everyone and then move on my way - the James Bond of Qunari”
- James Vega was a beta personality who took orders - don’t give the Bull an order. If you’re an alpha personality you’ll get along well with him. If you compliment him, he’s like “yes I am fantastic, but I don’t care”. He’s a very up and down kinda guy
Iron Bull quotes:
- "I spent a year or two working for fishers’ bleeders, but their captain was crap. Figured I could do better. The best folks in the bleeders agreed with me. I snapped his sword in half and we talked things out over drinks."
- "We’ve hunted wyverns, fought through caves to find some old magical crap. Even went giant-baiting once."
- "Anybody mind if I take some souvenirs? Maybe just a couple of those pronged helmets?"
- "Riiight. You two just work whatever that is out of your system. Like poison. Weird ass poison." [commenting on the Inquisitor’s romance, perhaps?]
- we’ll bang ok and it’ll be gr8
- well done bioware i was genuinely not expecting this at all /golfclap
- i hope they do one of these for each companion, I’m bursting to find out who voices Solas
By Laura Harrington “You can write the sharpest, most glittering, wisest, poetic, hilariously dazzling dialogue, but if that dialogue doesn’t do its true work and open the dramatic world underneath, it’s dead on arrival.” John Guare, author of Six Degrees of Separation, House of Blue Leaves, and one of my favorite …
Yesterday, I shared a list of links to help you guys pick a name that is meaningful to your character. Today, I’d like to share another set of links (as always) that focuses on meanings, mainly the meanings behind numbers, symbols and colors.
Why? Why am I so keen on…
Test Your Vocabulary: how many words do you know?
Most Native English adult speakers who have taken the test fall in the range 20,000–35,000 words. And for foreign learners of English, we’ve found that the most common vocabulary size is from 2,500–9,000 words.
I scored 21,500 FUCK YES
34.400. Course I can’t pronounce many of them correctly. The danger or learning vocab from books.
32,200. Not bad.